A Post Every Workday
Top TopicsArticle I, Section 8 Article V Book Reviews Books and Reading Business Abroad Characteristics of Lawyers Civil Rights Constitutional Law Criminal Law Democratic Politics drafting Education Reform Elections Entitlement Reform First Amendment Fiscal Reform Fourth Amendment funny funny case names Government healthcare reform History and People Immigration In Ius Voco Spurius International Interest Judicial Activism Law Practice Tips Law School Leaders Legal Profession Legal Research legal writing Litigation News Round Up Nothing to do with the law Political Thought Politics Privacy Questionable Laws and Lawmakers Republican Politics Restaurant Reviews SCOTUS Second Amendment Sixth Amendment Tech and IP The Common Law The Economy Trial by Jury Uncategorized Utah Legislature
Most mentioned tags:2012 Arizona Barack Obama Books California Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints congress constitution Democratic Economics Education Elena Kagan entitlement reform Facebook Federal government of the United States First Amendment Florida food Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints funny George W. Bush Google Government History human rights Humor immigration In Ius Voco Spurius it's the economy stupid James Madison Jim Matheson law law firm Law Practice Tips lawsuit lawyer legal writing Medicare Mitt Romney New York Times Obama Administration politics Polygamy postaday2011 President of the United States privacy Republican Republicans Restaurant Review Restaurant Reviews Restaurants I Like Restaurants I like less Salt Lake City Salt Lake City Eats Salt Lake Tribune Same-sex marriage Scalia SCOTUS Social Security Supreme Court Supreme Court of the United States Texas transparency twilight Twitter United States United States Congress United States Constitution United States Supreme Court Utah Utah State Legislature Wall Street Journal Warren Jeffs White House xkcd
Daniel Burton’s Blog on law, politics, books, ideas and other such considerations. The opinions are my own.
"The Bar: pooh! law and bad tricks till we are forty, and then, with the most brilliant success, the prospect of gout and a coronet. Besides, to succeed as an advocate, I must be a great lawyer, and to be a great lawyer, I must give up my chance of being a great man." Benjamin Disraeli
- One of the perks of working at the Capitol is the high school choirs that stop by to sing in the rotunda, especiall… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Under that logic, should we also reexamine public policies designed in the decades before you were born? Social Sec… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- @AlexCragun I'm not going to ask how you know what the inside of a vacuum tastes like...but I'm definitely wondering. 6 hours ago
- Take that, California! We don’t need a massive wild fire to drown our city in smog. Winter and no precipitation wil… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- I braved a trip to Joanne’s on a Saturday in December. I should get some kind of medal or award or maybe a small building named after me. 2 days ago
Search this blog
- Is this a new Mitt Romney? [video]
- Goodbye to After the Bar; Hello to PubliusOnline.com
- Book Review: “The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt” by Edmund Morris
- Maxwell’s East Coast Eatery: Good Lunch, Slow Service
- Chunga’s: Good Mexican Food, Just Outside of Downtown
- Because every penny counts.
- In which lawyers become strippers…and news becomes tabloid trash.