America is a great country–the greatest, as far as Americans are concerned. But its future is threatened, and we same Americans are the threat. I am talking about our nation’s deteriorating financial condition, perpetrated by all of us, and especially by the government that represents us. It is easy to ignore this national decline. Even in these hard times, we see relative prosperity and unparalleled power all around us. But the danger is there even if we fail to acknowledge it. The American way of life will go downhill, steadily and inexorably, unless we do something about our growing fiscal imbalance–and do it soon.
- Global Fiscal Positions: How Does U.S. Rank? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Official: Prosperity needs leadership ()
- Debt leaves no wiggle room for disasters (money.cnn.com)
- the sound of a bubble popping? (lawafterthebar.wordpress.com)
- Explaining Headlines Via Ignorance (dakotavoice.com)