How bad is Fukushima‘s radiation? It seems like each day brings a new report about contamination in food supplies, water, or a cloud blowing towards north America.
How much radiation is it, though, relative to what we are exposed to daily? Relative to Chernobyl, the poster child for a nuclear nightmare?
(h/t to Information Is Beautiful)
Related articles (and a demonstration of the press panicking)
- Plutonium Found In Soil Near Fukushima Plant (news.sky.com)
- Fukushima Much Worse than Chernobyl (alternetviews.wordpress.com)
- Residents of Japan Instructed to Remain Indoors on 3.31.11 Due to Large Radioactive Plume from Fukushima Plant (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- UN Calls for Wider Evacuation Zone at Fukushima (newser.com)
- A Roundup of Everything I’ve Written on Fukushima (for SLOG) (slog.thestranger.com)
- Why Fukushima Isn’t Like Chernobyl | The Diplomat (sheffnersweb.net)
- Radiation rises in seawater near Fukushima plant (guardian.co.uk)