No default. But no matter. It’s still not enough to make anyone happy.*
In fact, just to read the headlines, I can’t help but think that it’s getting a little crazy out there.
Check out a sampling of them from this screen shot of Real Clear Politics this afternoon:
Among other things, here’ s a few things that one might glean from the headlines:
- Pres. Obama is paving the way for another Texan in the White House. How dare those pesky Republicans not agree with him. What are they–the opposition party?
- Our Harvard educated President, who engineered the largest reorganization of national healthcare in US history, as well as a giant federal deficit and the beginning of socialism and communism and the advent of the apocalypse in our day… is a pawn of…someone. If he’s the pawn, who’s pulling the strings?
- A substantial part of the political right are white, southern, extreme, and, to boot, engaged in Jihad. You didn’t realize there were so many white, southern Muslims in the Tea Party, did you?
- The Tea Partiers can be further distinguished by being either Tea Party Republicans, or Tea Party Democrats…and let’s be honest: we all know a Tea Party Democrat, right? Anyone? (Beuller? Beuller?)
- The Vice President opened his mouth and said what everyone else in the Democratic Party was thinking. Again. Who cares? It’s no BFD.
- No one is partying like it’s 1999. Because, really, who has time for another bubble when we’re too busy in inventing crises?
- Like young Zaphod Beeblebrox, Mitt Romney is playing it safe.
- If you look too close, the debt deal stinks. And seriously: there’s a reason that sausage and legislation is compared, unfavorably.
- Bill O’Reilly: ‘The Only Thing That Can Save Obama [In 2012] Is Craziness On The Right’ (mediaite.com)